What Is ACCEL Educational Services?
ACCEL Educational Services provides students ages 5 to 22 with appropriate academic, behavioral, therapeutic and vocational programs to maximize skills and increase independence.
Programming is individualized in a highly structured learning environment with small class size. Intensive, collaborative support services are integrated into daily activities serving students with a wide range of abilities and challenges.
A primary focus is a functional life skills and vocational enterprise curriculum promoting community skills, dignity and independence for all students. ACCEL Educational Services are located on two primary campuses, as well as, satellite classrooms on public school district campuses.
Our campuses and satellite schools utilize the Model Classroom Program®, evidence-based practices, and Individualized Educational Programs (IEPs) linked to the Arizona Academic Standards:
- Collaborative team approach
- Highly structured learning environment
- Individualized instruction
- Low student to staff ratio.
Technology is fully integrated into the instructional programs. Each classroom is equipped with computers and Smart boards which maximize opportunities for students to interact with technology using a variety of motivational and instructional educational software.
ACCEL Behavioral Services conducts functional behavioral assessments and individualized behavior intervention plans to meet student needs and Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals. ACCEL has Board Certified Behavioral Analysts (BCBAs) on staff All classroom staff are trained in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention.
Full-time nurses provide on-site health care services, including:
• Medication administration
• SVN treatments
• G-tube feedings
• Diabetes management
In addition, ACCEL nurses provide care for injuries, acute illnesses and long-term management of students with significant and complex healthcare needs.
Services for the Visually Impaired
Each student with a visual impairment will have his or her own unique visual needs and may require adaptations to the environment, materials, instruction, and curriculum. The Teacher for Visually Impaired may work directly with students and train classroom staff on how to best present classroom materials, providing preferential seating, providing real objects and real-life experiences, and how to assist students with accessing their environment.
• Speech-Language Therapy
• Occupational Therapy
• Physical Therapy
• Adapted Aquatics
• Music Therapy
Opportunities are available to train in multiple community-based work settings with job coaches. The Vocational and Transition-to-Work curriculum focuses on social skills and building a sense of responsibility and independence. This program also works on soft skills such as interviewing, participating in performance evaluations, etc.
Give to ACCEL. Get a Tax Credit.
Accreditations and Affiliations
- ACCEL is the only private school in the southwest accredited by the National Commission for the Accreditation of Special Education Services (NCASES).
- In addition, ACCEL has achieved recognition as a School of Excellence from the National Association of Special Education Teachers.
- ACCEL is a member in good standing of the National Association of Private Special Educational Centers (NAPSEC), Arizona Autism Coalition, Autism Society of Greater Phoenix, as well as being a founding member of the Arizona Association of Private Special Education Providers (AAPSEP).
- ACCEL is a member of Arizona Autism Coalition and a member of the Phoenix Autism Society.
- ACCEL’s Professional achievements and recognition in the field of special education:
- ACCEL received the 2012 NAPSEC Award for Leadership and Innovation in Special Education.
- ACCEL’s Model Classroom Program© has taken part in a collaboration project with Kennedy Krieger Schools in Baltimore, Maryland, and has been piloted in several states.
- ACCEL’s leadership team presents regularly at state and national conferences about evidenced based programs for special education students.
Why Choose ACCEL
Find reasons to choose us for your child growth