The Department of Human Resources welcomes you to our Employment page. We value qualified, enthusiastic candidates to join our team and share our commitment to assuring ACCEL is a place “Meeting Every Special Need”. Below is a listing of current job opportunities. If you are interested in a specific position and there is not a current opening at this time, please check back at a later date as our openings frequently change.
Employees say they choose to work for ACCEL for the following reasons:
• Colleagues share the school’s mission
• Smaller school size and class size
• Low student to staff ratios
• Flexibility to create special programs like the recording studio, rock band, and student-run enterprises
• Excellent reputation in the community
• Staff cooperative effort is high
• Less likelihood to “face a lot of frustration”
• Support services – Mentor Teacher, consulting psychologist, behavior team
• More participation and freedom in selecting program direction
• Feelings of increased safety
• Supplies readily available
• Streamlined administration; easier to affect change
• But the number one reason is……the STUDENTS!
A report from the U.S. Department of Education presents data from the Schools and Staffing Survey, which demonstrates that private school teachers appear to be happier about their jobs than public school teachers. (Data are from the 1999-2000 SASS and appear in table 74 of the Digest of Education Statistics: 2002, published June 2003).
|Teacher________||Instruct students with physical, cognitive, and emotional/behavioral challenges by adapting and developing educational materials to meet the unique needs of students. Strive to ensure that students reach their full learning potential.||Details|
|Board Certified Behavior Analyst||Provides evidence-based behavioral assessment, intervention, treatment and educational services to ACCEL programs for individuals with special needs. Provides case management, oversight, therapy, and develops behavior plans.||Details|
|Behavior Technician||Assists in the instruction of individual clients or small groups in activities designed to promote educational, social, and physical growth needed to achieve the skill levels as identified in each client’s program goals.||Details|
|Special Education Paraprofessional||Assists in the instruction of individual students or small groups in activities designed to promote educational, social, and physical growth needed to achieve the skill levels as identified in each students individual education programs, IEP.||Details|
For more information: email HR@accel.org or call 602-995-7366.
ACCEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All activities of the Human Resources Department are administered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, religious creed, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with Federal/State laws and regulations pertaining thereto.